Friday, October 14, 2011

Making Memories with Friends & Rain Drops

          This run will go down in the record books.  Not for the most miles, or my fastest pace.  The scrapbook moments are from the raindrops and smiles – too many to count.  Eight other women are most likely giggling right now as I take a moment to jot down how this morning group run was truly one to remember.  
          Certainly, every car that passed each pair of soaking wet shoes must have thought we lost a bet.  No one would claim they wanted to run in the storm we tackled.  We met in the rain, set off on a familiar course, and even decided to take on running down a slick, very steep trail.  The cracks of thunder were noticeably louder than my music at times.  I laughed out loud when ACDC Thunderstruck began to rock at about mile five through my ear-buds.  After countless puddles and six miles, all nine of us eventually met at our finish line.  
          While waiting for our ride “up the hill” – we shared laughs, stories, and even a soaking-wet group photo standing in front of an Emergency Room entrance (no injuries, we just happened to finish our run a block from the hospital).  The best memory of the morning is picturing all of us piled in the back of my husband’s truck.  He offered the cab, but we declined.  For some reason, we all decided to freeze and laugh together, riding like teenagers in the back of his truck back to our cars.  I think the smiles from this run are even better than the dry clothes and hot shower that were waiting for me when I got home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment